All credit for Truth contained herein belongs to YHVH/God, King of the Universe
Any and all errors contained herein are the sole responsibility of the administrator of this site, a totally imperfect servant of the Most High
What if, together, with the help and guidance of the Almighty, we could discover the purpose of life? Impossible? I agree that it does sound like a rather lofty endeavor! And, of course, anything we do unearth will fall FAR short of the fullness of His glory. But just perhaps, in the process of trying, we will gain an enhanced understanding of the Most High! After all, there must surely be a purpose to life, wouldn’t you agree?
“God desired to have beings with whom He could commune,” you might offer. Well, that being the case, I would then ask another question. “Since God is spirit (Jn 4:24), why did He not simply create us as spiritual beings and leave us as spiritual beings?” Surely there must be some rationale in His decision to create Earth and place us here in a physical existence!
“Many things He created simply because He knew they would bring us joy!” you declare. And then I respond “But isn’t the Creator the One who programs within the human soul what things will be perceived as joy inspiring?”
So now we find ourselves right back to the original query. Purpose. What is the purpose of life?
Since questions are the incubators of answers, we will begin filling our incubator to see what will soon hatch. Our first question will form the basis for all of the rest.
- Was the Creator of all that is, was, and ever will be, limited in any way when He designed and created all that exists? Was it necessary for Him to “figure things out” as He went along? Did He gather His Earth Science, Animal Science, Biology, Astronomy, and Chemistry books before drafting a design? Does He have Bill Nye the Science Guy on speed dial? Was it necessary for Him to take into consideration how to cause things to work together? Or could He have caused ANYTHING to work together?And, specifically, let us consider the following, very important question. Was Yahweh, King of the Universe, bound by the laws of nature? Or are the laws of nature bound by Him? Selah (Pause and think about that).If you agree that He was not limited, could have chosen any design model at all, and that the laws of nature obey HIM and act in accordance to His specific design, then we can move on to the other questions.
- As discussed above, since God is spirit and could have created us as spiritual beings without the physical stage, what purpose does this physical existence serve? It would seem that skipping this physical phase of the journey along with all of its questions, doubts, stresses, pain, sin, and death, would have been a far superior plan! After all, are we really human beings having a spiritual experience? Or are we spiritual beings having a human experience?
- Having chosen to put us within a physical world, why was it His choice to create us through the family unit? Why do we have to be born young? I know that sounds comical, but there were other options, were there not? He did, I remind you, bring Adam forth from the ground as an adult, and Eve from Adam as an adult. So why not simply program the earth to bring forth fully mature humans every week, or month, or year or decade? A new crop of people could have sprung from the ground at predetermined times, or all at once, for that matter. Why did He choose family?
- And why does He instruct that a legal system be formed? (Exo 18:19-22)
- Since He is the Creator, and could have created all things any way He chose, why did He include sickness and death in the design? Oh, I agree that sickness and death were NOT in His original plan, but came with the fall. Is, therefore, the presence of sickness and death meant simply to impart the truth that we could have lived eternally physically in the Garden of Eden, but now, as a result of sin, must die? Is this the complete information He wants us to understand? And if so, why not just end all physical existence there in the Garden? Why invent disease? Or was this simply a design glitch that He either could not, or chose not to, overcome?
- Why was sin ever an option? Did there have to be a Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil?
- Why are there wars, hate, murders, rapes, beheadings, orphans, disabled? Certainly He could ban all evil, if He so chose!
- Why are there unclean animals? Again, could the Eternal One not solve the problem of how to clean the environment without these animal vacuum cleaners? Were His instructions regarding clean and unclean foods meant to protect His people from the harm that He knew would result from their consumption? If this was the case, would it not have been far more efficient and protective to simply fix the design flaw, thereby making the unclean animals clean? Or was this something our omniscient God either simply did not consider, or was incapable of redesigning?
- Why do we not live in a perpetual spring where there is no sadness, no death, no sin, no hunger, no freezing cold and no burning hot?
Well, we have certainly filled the incubator to capacity! And I venture to guess that we will be filling incubators for the rest of this earthly existence! But thankfully, with the help of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) a full incubator means the sound of hatching eggs is in our future! And that’s exciting!
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Indeed, as we embark upon this journey of discovery, it is with the expectation that the Ruach will guide us into truth and Yahweh will be glorified!
Yes, answers always begin with questions! Perhaps as we learn the key to answering some of these queries, other shells will begin to crack open as well!
But, you say, these are tough questions; some of which had never even entered our minds previously! Where do we begin to search out the purpose of life?
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Did you see that? It is through creation, that we will see, understand, and be without excuse.
Psa 19:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and firmament sheweth his handywork.2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
Through creation, the glory of God is declared, and knowledge is made available to all.
John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
Very interesting! It would appear that understanding the physical is a prerequisite to understanding heavenly things!
Job 12:7-10 – But ask now the beasts and they shall teach thee, and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee; or speak to the earth and it shall teach thee; and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
There does indeed appear to be a recurring theme. Creation speaks, teaches, declares. Man sees, learns, understands, with the end result being that God is glorified and we are without excuse!.
But even if there are answers to such lofty questions, are they answers we should pursue? Shouldn’t we be satisfied with “Just Because, He said, and it was”? How does God Almighty look at such queries? Would He declare us as insolent or arrogant for asking?
Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Until we meet again for Part Two, let me encourage you to tend the incubator. Turn the questions over (in your mind) from time to time so that they each receive full benefit from the Light. We’ll meet here in Purpose Part Two, where we will begin the process of asking, seeking, and knocking and expect to receive, find, and have opened unto us! I leave you with a parting thought for your consideration.
Is it possible that Yahweh/God has placed us within a physical classroom complete with visual, audio, tactile, olfactory, etc aids, in order to assist us in understanding spiritual concepts? And once we have the key, might the answers be far easier to discern than previously presumed?
Until next time, selah (pause and think about that).
Your fellow classmate,